REPORTS TO: GM
The Administration and Finance head has responsibility to undertake the day to day Administration and financial support to the Company.
The position will work to ensure the Company maintains high standards of financial and administrative integrity and accountability including all legislative obligations. Also provides assistance to the company in overseeing and coordinating supportive services, such as recordkeeping, mail, facilities planning, maintenance and custodial operations.
It also oversees and manages security, safety, personnel management and administration
• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to management.
• Maintain, prepare and reconcile all records of income and expenditure and preparation of monthly and annual financial reports and ensure appropriate systems are in place to account for all incoming and outgoing monies.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports.
• Monitor expenditure on a monthly and quarterly basis and inform/provide budget comparisons and variances.
• Establish and maintain office systems for the sound operation of the organization
• General office administration including: filing for area of work, ordering and maintaining office supplies maintenance of office equipment e.g. photocopier, printer, telephone system and other.
• Ensure legal and regulatory obligations of the organization are met including compliance with taxation, work cover, insurance and to keep current with changes in these areas.
• Development of organizational systems, policy, planning and reviews
• Budget and performs analysis and reporting to support decision-making.
• Manages the ongoing financial, operational, and staffing activities of the department.
• Any other task that may be assigned to you from time to time.
• Sound working knowledge of accounting package.
• Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Relevant experience and/or qualifications in book keeping or accounting.
• Familiarity with other computer software and applications.
• IT systems administration skills.
• Sound working knowledge of quality management systems and internal auditing processes.
• B.Sc Accounts and Masters in Business Administration or Financial Management
· 7 years relevant experience in financial management
• Demonstrate experience in managing and maintaining full financial accountability of an organization with experience in bookkeeping and use of computers and computerized accounting software.
• Demonstrate experience and skills in all aspects of office administration procedures.
• Demonstrated experience in, or knowledge of, the functioning of community managed organizations.
• Demonstrate organizational skills including ability to priorities manage time and develop and maintain office systems.
• Ability to work effectively at an individual and team level as well as within a community managed organization.
• Ability to communicate effectively with/to people with intellectual and learning disabilities and an understanding of the issues facing