Our client is one of the largest Internet companies in West Africa with offices in Lagos, London, New York and Johannesburg. They are a well-funded, Venture Capital backed internet business. This company has been featured in publications such as CNN, CNBC Africa, BBC, NY Times, Variety, Financial Times, Economist, The Sunday Times, The Times, Forbes, Techcrunch and many others. They now have an opening for a Head Financial Performance and Management Reporting to be based in Lagos, Nigeria
The Head of Management reporting and Financial Performance is responsible for the preparation of all management reports, cost analysis, budgets and forecasts. He/she will work to ensure effective and timely flow of financial information for Management decision making to the Board of Directors and Senior Management, and where necessary, external parties such as investors, regulators, tax offices or financial institutions. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in the area of Financial Planning and Reporting and will be responsible for providing effective and efficient financial advice and support to the organisation and colleagues to enable them to make sound business decisions.
- • Develop, implement and enforce new reporting pack, containing management information on month by month basis, such as, but not limited to variance analysis of actual vs budgeted expenditure for all the group’s reporting divisions
- • Develop and implement a new budget reporting, assist the COO with all Board reports including forecasts and performance management reporting
- • Evaluate and advise department heads on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new projects/strategies for the business.
- • Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, management reports and KPI’s analysis in order to assist the CEO/COO, the Board and other senior executives in strategic decision making.
- • Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- • Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- • Work with the COO in securing new venture capital when needed
- • Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the organization
- • Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of new projects and ventures.
- • Enhance and improve the existing cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- • Monitor costs and credit control for the Group
- • Assist in the external audit and tax processes when required
- • Liaising with third parties including auditors and tax consultant
Education and Training
- • Master’s degree-level education in Finance or Accounting
- • Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification (ICAN/ACCA)
- • Advanced Microsoft Excel
- • 5 - 7 to seven years previous work experience in a Senior managerial role within Finance dept, especially in the field of management reporting, financial planning and performance management
- • Experience in cost control, budgeting, variance analysis, KPI reporting and demonstration of long term strategic planning are essential
- • General knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and financial management;
- • Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and make deadlines.
- • Experience in situations requiring good judgment; professionalism; solid problem solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks
- • Experience of providing financial advice across departments / services in a complex, ‘multi objective’ organization.
- • Evidence of achievement in a finance role, including evidence of innovative use of risk management techniques to assist in the delivery of business objectives.
- • Experience of planning, developing and delivering projects in a complex organizational setting.
- • Knowledge of African Tech/Media industries is added advantage