A leading Travel and Tours Agency in Nigeria, currently seeks for a professional, analytical and highly innovative individual, to fill the position of Head of Finance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supporting the Managing Director with respect to the execution of engagements/ transactions within Finance function, which will include preparation of financial information and data for review by the Managing Director
- Working closely with various departments/units to ensure that appropriate accounting methodology is used in their budgeting process and to monitor, review and validate the assumptions supporting their business models / plans
- Organizing and leading a (weekly / monthly) meeting with the finance team, where key financial information can be shared and disseminated
- Responsible for driving key discussion topics and the agenda for each meeting
- Attending monthly budget sessions with the management team ensuring:
- Validity of budget assumptions;
- Financial metrics and targets are consistent with the company’s strategy
- Taking ownership of the company’s business plan to ensure that budgets submitted from departments/units are consistent with corporate objectives
- Understanding the organization’s 5-Year business plan and strategy
- Strong grasp of Excel and the ability to build, monitor, review and update complex financial models and analyses
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques, as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection
- Participating in various marketing and recruiting activities of the Company.