Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services.Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in. We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
To ensure an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Oversee the financial planning and analysis organization and work with Finance directors, management team, both local team and central team, to provide value-added insight into the business.
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
- Prepare and maintain an efficient and effective process of evaluating, tracking and monitoring all strategic planning activity for the company with appropriate links to the annual budget and strategic plan.
- Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
- Supervise and manage the performance of a team of FP&A professionals.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics, identifying risks and opportunities related to the achievement of the company’s financial plans.
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting consolidation and closing process through analytical review and trend analysis.
- Develop and execute financial modelling tools to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, new projects and decision making.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel) and ERP systems
- Great attention to detail, self-motivation, time management and a high level of discipline are key
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent Numerical and Analytical skills
Qualification & Experience
- A BSc in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognised and accredited University
- Professional Qualification like ICAN, ACCA, ACA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- Experience in preparing, analysing, and implementing accounting and reporting requirements
- Solid FP&A experience (budgeting, forecasting, planning and analysis)