- Supervise the care of orphans at the orphanage.
- Achieve the sponsorship and fundraising goals for the home by developing and implementing sponsorship fundraising plan
- Researches and develops new markets, communities and initiatives for program expansion.
- Maintains orphanage staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Transform children’s lives by recruiting, orienting, supporting, coaching, and sending them to school.
- Manages the acquisition of new sponsors through community development programs, networking within current sponsors, special events, speaking engagements, schools and churches
- Manage the orphanage’s finances: Oversee all expenditures and receipts of money.
- Counsel guardians / relatives of orphans and inform them of expectations.
- Write reports and take photos that will be sent to our U.S team for dissemination to partners.
- Ensure that only qualified orphans are selected for sponsorship.
- Assist in organizing biannual Relatives Conference.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent administrative, planning and organizational skills
- Above average communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- A University degree preferably in international development, public health, social work or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 - 15 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising or related field such as marketing and sales
- Experience working with nonprofit board and volunteer committees.
- Advanced user of software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have passion for charity work/Children mostly
- Must have worked with children of different kind of challenges
- Must be very patient, tolerant to be able to handle both the children and the workers
- Knowledge of different kind of challenges that could be found among the children
- Good heart and likable spirit because the children are very special.