Overall Role Purpose
Manage, control and develop the overall Industrial Project Customer engagement strategies/activities in the area in accordance with the group business strategy and local business environment to deliver maximum profit and optimize business assets and human resources.
- Identify and develop potential, sustainable customer relationships
- Develop and maintain strong existing Industrial Project customer relations and loyalty
- Respond to Industrial Project customer RFI, RFQ (Request for Information, Request for Quote) and Tenders
- Respond to Industrial Project customer needs/enquiries/complaints
- Lead in engagements and strategic Industrial Project customer interfaces
- Provide Industrial Project customers specific advice/information to Country Manager to facilitate business performance review & evaluation
- Co-ordinate with different departments to deliver quality service to Industrial Project customers
- Maintain good communication and working relationship with others functions.
- Lead Industrial Project customer meetings/ visits (potential and existing) and present company capabilities
- Collect market profiling and Industrial Project customer/ competitor research & analysis activities to understand and identify market opportunities and challenges
- Ensure effective pricing strategies are developed to sustain profitable growth.
- Responsible for achieving Industrial Project Customer business targets
- Responsible for costs and cost structure and drives improvement measurements and actions
- Ensure the development and maintenance of the Industrial Project customer database and its use for identification and segmented targeting of Industrial Project customers and prospects.
- Approves key personnel decisions for the function
- Generates commitment, motivation and enthusiasm for the company and division
- Leads and manages teams; determines team structure, roles and performance targets in co-operation with Country leadership
- Evaluates performance and proposes performance-based compensation for direct reports
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ocean and Airfreight knowledge
- Market Intelligence
- Strategic thinking skills
- Strong people and communication skills
Education and Experience
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Industrial Projects
Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant discipline.