The individual is to manage the Internal Audit function of the Organization. To ensure that the Internal Audit Function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of Organizations’ internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable law and regulation. To draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of management.
- To apply a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls of the Organization through the development of an annual programme of audit review work.
- To discuss the findings of audit reviews with management on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising.
- To report the results of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans to address issues arising, to the Management
- To perform follow-up work ensuring management progress actions within the agreed time scales and to escalate failure to progress actions as the Head of Internal Audit deems appropriate.
- To perform ad hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Audit Committees.
- To manage the co-sourcing arrangement with the external auditors as required.
- The Head of Internal Audit must be approved by the FSA to perform the controlled function “CF28 – Internal Audit”.
- To provide an independent challenge to the business view of risk as articulated via the framework.
- To promote risk management best practice across the Organization
- Financial Auditing experience
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- At least 5 – 7 years’ experience at one of the Big 4. Subsequent transitional experience at a reputable company at mid – senior Management level
- ICAN, ACCA or its equivalent
- B.Sc or BA of grade 2:2 or above
- Knowledge of specific IT packages e.g. MS Office, CAATs, Visio
- Experience in the management of audit departments and staff
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures
- Interacting and Communicating
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Change and Innovation
- Personal and Team Development
- Client Focus and
- Delivering Excellence
- Leading and Inspiring Professional manner
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Highly developed investigative skills
- Good time management
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong analytical skills.