• Contribute to investment strategy reviews and drive the asset-liability modelling studies for the pension fund and update of the Fund’s Statement of Investment Principles.
• Develop, articulate and recommend appropriate strategies to leverage available market opportunities for the benefit of the Funds under management
• Assess, analyze and prepare sound investment/divestment proposals for approval
• Contribute to the Risk Management plan for Funds under the management of SNCPFA in order to exceed target returns within set risk parameters.
• Build and maintain expert knowledge of investment market developments that will affect local pension fund management.
• Establish and maintain cordial and mutually beneficial business and professional relationships with financial intermediaries, stockbrokers, registrars, other stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
A bachelor’s degree plus MBA or Professional Accounting qualification in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a minimum of 10 years substantial and hands on experience within a major financial organization in Capital Markets, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Treasury and performance assessment and Solid knowledge of domestic and global financial markets.
• Ideally a result oriented, confident self-starter with high level energy and creative ideas and operates with unquestionable honesty and integrity.
• Proven leadership strengths in leading a high performance team, with a commitment to create, support and sustain an environment that enables staff to achieve results while developing and building organizational capacity for the future.
• Able to anticipate regulatory changes and to develop appropriate strategic response.
• Demonstrated proficiency in investment risk assessment through market intelligence or counter-party interviews while recommending investment decision on that basis.
• Strong commercial acumen with a proven track record of effectively and strategically negotiating financial transactions.
• Stellar communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Able to operate in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Strong analytical, economic and financial modelling skills