Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient effective management of staff and resources in the legal department
- Provide legal advice to management and the Board as may be required from time to time on the legal implications of the Corporation’s activities, ensuring appropriate measures are taken to protect the organisation from legal risks.
- Support the Corporation’s bidding, negotiation, contracting and other commercial activities to ensure that the Corporation’s legal interests are duly protected in all its transactions.
- Provide standard templates and minimum document contents to guide the conduct of the Corporation’s business activities and review any documents that involve a significant financial or other commitment on the part of the corporation
- Revise and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures. Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal procedures to staff.
- Manage any litigation involving the Corporation and co-ordinate external counsel.
- Formulate compliance checklists, while continuously monitoring with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive meetings
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise checklist to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Graduate degree in law, a Masters will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- At least 10 years’ experience ideally in a leading organization with proven track record in contract negotiation and legal drafting.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- Proven track record of adding value to an organization through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.