- The post holder leads on responding to and managing the growing needs within the Nigeria programme for effective core logistics capacity to support ongoing development programmes and emergency response interventions.
- In this, he ensures that all policies and procedures of Save the Children are strictly adhered to and also to ensure that Save the Children's commitment to improving quality and accountability in development and humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Standards, Save the Children Quality Framework Essential Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 7 years of national and/or International experience - of which at least 4 years with an INGO - in supply chain management, inclusive of procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management.
- Strong experience in vehicle and fleet management.
- Robust experience of NGO project cycle management and experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure.
- Master's degree in Logistics, MBA or any other relevant degree.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and capacities to plan and think strategically.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word platforms.
- Experience in distributions of both NFIs and food items in emergency context.
- Working experience in Nigeria and/or West Africa.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with various incoming teams in the event of major emergencies.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles, including rights-based approaches.