The Head of Marketing, Central Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMEA) will work closely with and support the management in the CEMEA geographies to manage, prioritise, coordinate and implement Marketing resources, plans, programs and initiatives for the South African, West African and South East African markets, working closely with the geographical GM and Country managers, Sales, Product, Acceptance, and Corp Communications Country teams, as well as with the Singapore and San Francisco based Regional and Global Marketing teams.
· Establish, develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships across the spectrum of stakeholders.
· Lead sub-regional marketing plans and budget requirements, and be accountable for the implementation and on-going revisions to plan, in consultation with Marketing and business stakeholders.
· Effectively manage and implement Visa Marketing initiatives at market level that support the achievement of overall business, product and marketing objectives, and most directly help drive profit and revenue objectives.
· Responsible for budget and overall responsibility for the Marketing Team, as well as management of local agency and vendor relationships.
To manage the qualification and quantification of country level marketing investments, ensuring full assessment and prioritisation of country marketing strategies, plans and implementations against business and marketing objectives.
To develop specific country level marketing strategies and implementations that address the prioritised market opportunities and needs, and to ensure business case assessments and measurements of results.
Develop, co-ordinate and implement strategic marketing and communication plans designed to meet client and market requirements.
Manage the allocated budgets for the sub-region and ensure all marketing activities are performed within budgets and in full compliance with existing rules and policies
Assist with the identification and analysis of card payment trends, market opportunities, cardholder behaviour, and evaluate their value and viability within the marketing plan in order to make strategic recommendations on future business direction.
Take responsibility for market research activity within the sub-region, and suggest new market research projects to provide information for the development and enhancement of marketing programs.
Continually monitor existing and potential competitor marketing activities to identify new opportunities or highlight potential causes for business concern. Feedback and update all staff as appropriate and recommend strategies and solutions
Establish strong partnerships with internal teams to assist in the delivery of campaigns within the sub-region that add value to Visa cardholder offerings and create profitable business opportunities.
Work collaboratively with Global and regional marketing teams, and in support of country and product/acceptance teams.
Oversee the implementation of the sub-regional marketing plans to ensure effective delivery of the agreed Marketing initiatives and effective implementation of the sub regional marketing plans.
- Consolidate and validate budget requirements for the Marketing function in the sub-region.
- Ensure all local marketing activities are developed and assessed using MROI measures.
- Contribute to the identification of new market opportunities that will increase services to Banks, merchants and cardholders and increase the value of the Visa brand.
- Deliver a comprehensive plan for all marketing support & communications activity in line with the overall marketing plan
- Actively support global brand and sponsorship strategies by ensuring all campaigns comply with the Visa brand strategy, proposition and positioning as well as visual and verbal guidelines
- Effectively manage all stakeholders responsible for the successful implementation of campaign, including agencies, suppliers, merchants, clients and others as appropriate.
- Ensure Global Marketing policies and procedures are adhered to, and identify areas where these policies and procedures need local adaptation.
- Share best practice and successful programs with clients and other Visa teams.
- Negotiate and secure contracts with all external suppliers for potential marketing services and cardholder offers and programs.
- Act as the Visa brand guardian and ensure all communications comply with regional and global brand policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure key stakeholders are fully informed of all campaign activities, and approval processes followed rigorously.
Manage marketing agency relationships
- Manage relationships with the creative and media agencies and third party suppliers, and manage their activities effectively ensuring efficient delivery of agreed plans.
- Ensure the agencies fulfil their contractual obligations at local level
- Be responsible for briefing creative and media agencies on all campaigns, and safeguard the Visa brand and its values.
Provision of marketing support to client banks
- Influence and gain the support and commitment of clients to participate in Visa marketing activities, negotiating the financial terms of their participation, and where possible ensure joint contributions.
- Provide professional marketing advice and consultancy to member banks on a planned, ad hoc, and spontaneous basis covering both strategic and tactical marketing activity aspects.
- Co-ordinate periodic strategic marketing forums within sub-region as appropriate.
Localisation of global/regional campaign activity
- Cost effectively adapt and/or help develop global/regional campaigns to address local market opportunities or needs, ensure relevance and to be effective within specific markets.
Management of Visa’s local sponsorship properties
- Implementation of Global Olympics and FIFA sponsorship activations, in line with best practices
- Develop and implement local sponsorship strategies and plans that reflect the needs of local markets
- Support the activation of global sponsorship initiatives across countries.
- Initiate and develop local sponsorship activation campaigns that address key market opportunities or needs
- Coordinate the management of sponsorship hospitality packages at market level
- Actively contribute to the development of the team through coaching, support and the development of formal training plans
Establish, maintain and develop strong working relationships with senior management at Global, regional hub and country level to ensure that global initiatives and best practice throughout Visa are effectively introduced. Responsible for managing budget allocation and budget reporting according to Visa Inc. procedures
Education: Bachelors’ or business/marketing or related field with marketing foundation. Graduate School/ MBA preferred
Skills - Professional/Technical/Business
· 15+ years total work experience, preferably in retail banking/financial services sector or consumer card business - in Marketing / Sales, and preferably, a stint in General management
Significant experience in marketing with a strong brand management and brand communications bias
Demonstrated track record in the management of external agencies and the development of through the line campaign materials
International marketing experience essential, ideally in consumer card sector
Expert knowledge, skills and demonstrated track record across a range of functions including brand, planning, marketing analytics, performance management
Strategic and innovative thinker with commercial acumen also capable of strong execution
Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes
Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to influence direction and change attitudes and decisions of senior level international bankers
Strong self-management skills including demonstrable drive and energy
Sales experience and proven negotiation skills
Consultancy and Project management skills
Prior experience leading meetings and effectively delivering presentations to large industry audiences
Experience with strategic planning, creative thinking and solution development
Excellent time management skills and ability to achieve goals with minimal management oversight
Demonstrated organizational skills
Collaborative skills as a team player in matrix environment, and analytical rigour and skills are both a must.
Analytical skills and ability to understand and use quantitative models e.g. business case development, data analytics, econometric modelling, forecasting, etc
Demonstrated ability to work in matrix organizations with global brand – must be a consummate team player
Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management, including the ability to work effectively with colleagues and internal/external stakeholders
Candidate must have the ability and willingness to travel frequently