Summary of Position
The Head of Mission manages the overall program in Nigeria from a programmatic and operational perspective, as well as leading on fundraising and donor relations. He/she leads the Leadership and Management Team (comprised of key senior staff) and leads the team in ongoing improvements. This position reports to the Area Manager at the HQ. The position is located in Abuja, with substantial travel to Yobe State.
· Institutional relations: He/she manages relations with the main institutional donors and with potential ones. He/she represents COOPI in the country/area by engaging in relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations and partners. He/she also is responsible of the organization’s reputation in the country.
· Strategy and planning: He/she verifies and proposes to the Area Manager the intervention priorities to consolidate the organization’s opportunity to be more involved in the country. He/she contributes to the definition of the Country Strategy and proposes the country planning (projects and coordination).
· Projects’ management: He/she coordinates and directly monitors projects, guaranteeing the correct implementation in conformity with the contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with COOPI’s procedures and management standards. He/she coordinates the elaboration, writing and documents’ preparation for presenting new projects, referring to the Area Manager and the headquarters support offices. He/she is responsible for the preparation of projects reports and all the monitoring documents requested by the central headquarters. He/she ensures the transmission of all official and administrative project documents to the central headquarters.
· Country office management: He/she is responsible for all different aspects related to the country office management: economic and financial situation, local regulations, office organization charts, logistics, local and expatriate personnel management, in conformity with the organization’s guidelines. He/she guarantees the respect of the country’s legislation and administrative regulation.
· Staff management: He/she is responsible for the local staff management. He/she participates and supports the Area Manager and the Human Resources office in the selection of the expatriate staff. He/she coordinates and monitors the country’s expatriate staff management.
· Safety: He/she is responsible for the expatriate staff security, for the correct implementation and respect of the general security rules.
· Economic and financial management: He/she is responsible for the country’s economic result. He/she supervises the financial management and ensures – through the administrative function – that all financial reporting deadlines and donor/COOPI’s procedures are respected. He/she participates to the projects/coordination budget preparation. He/she has the signature for all COOPI’s bank accounts in the country.
· Visibility: He/she cooperates with the Communication and Fund-Raising office for all communication, awareness and fund raising activities implemented in and for the country.