- Develop and maintain the strategic audit plan for WB OCC and TB Business
- Oversee the execution of the audit plan
- Provide assurance as needed to senior managers of the Group that the processes and controls are appropriate and functioning effectively.
- Maintain effective, value added communication with stakeholders and influence change
- Visit significant countries consistent with their risk profile.
- Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process
- Adopt a more anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication to improve audit planning
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation / delivery of the agreed audit plan as assigned; understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved
- Holistic approach to the assessment of risks and development of audit plan / strategy
- Attend PGC and be an active voice. Ensure risks are appropriately identified and action plans appropriate. Communicate issues to relevant parties
- Contribute to the development of the overall GIA audit plan and approach, based on inherent risks/ knowledge of the business and countries concerned. Provide input on specific Governance audit requirements
- Through engagement with RHOA and CHOA ensure that local audits required by regulations are scheduled appropriately
- Be engaged in Audit Planning, TOR’s, ROF’s, debriefs and input on audit reports for each individual audit and ensure country teams are aligned in the process
- Ensure appropriate reliance on local country audit work undertaken and reviews by risk type owners such as Credit and Compliance
- Participate and TM or TL audits as considered appropriate.
- Maintain effective relationships with key regulators and provide input/assistance on developing their audit approach as required;
- Monitor regulatory audits providing input into scope and being involved in the discussions on findings. Ensure communication of findings/issues to all relevant stakeholders
- Proactively talent spot for GIA through engagement with the business;
- Identify and recommend potential guest auditors
- Provide in-country support / guidance (mentoring) to GIA team;
- Support the team with HR issues (recruitment, compensation etc.) as requested
-Knowledge of OCC / TB products and policies
-Knowledge of external regulatory and risk environment
-Relevant Professional qualifications preferred