The successful candidate will define, lead and implement country ocean freight strategy, product portfolio, processes and procurement in accordance with the overall strategy of the Business Division, with the objective of achieving optimum profitability and effective use of business assets and human resources.
- Coordinates end-to-end execution of global procurement strategy for OFR including inland logistics and depot as well as demurrage management
- Provides guidelines to OFR teams to properly translate global requirements regarding capacity management into country specific tasks and follows performance
- Directs and controls activities performed to effectively manage end-to-end capacity for ocean freight within the country (procure capacity, plan and control network). Develops and roll out corrective action plans when targets are not met
- Responsible for optimizing local OFR procurement for spot quotes and consolidation opportunities
- Support and co-ordinate the development, implementation of key initiatives and programmes.
- Provide leadership in the areas of product and business development and resource utilization
- Sets compliance standards in accordance with corporate/divisional guidelines and monitors adherence
- Monitor operational quality and instill a culture of continuous improvement
- Liaises with sales to support interaction with key customers and providing pricing and margin guidance, support on bids and RfQs
- Ensure the maintenance of and adherence to health, safety and security standards in the workplace in line with corporate guidelines
- Support country's efforts in maintaining healthy relationships with trade bodies and government agencies & authorities, including being an active subscriber or participant of global research agencies
- Creates, develops and maintains good relationships with customers and service providers, while facilitating negotiations of best rates at country level
- Maintain and support interdepartmental relationships
- Responsible for constant improvement and optimization of production means (cost management) and operational and service level quality
- Develop a high performance service culture within the country that nurtures and encourages service excellence, quality and a ‘can do’ mindset.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Conduct performance appraisal, including coaching.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department. Trains and develops managers for succession.
- Product Knowledge in Ocean Freight Operations
- Trade Regulations
- Knowledge on Customs Procedures
- Culturally sensitive
- Communication skills – written and spoken
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Business Processes skills
- Project Management
- Presentation skills
Education/ Work Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in OFR
- Excellent knowledge of the Ocean Freight and Forwarding Industry
- Relevant experience in Sales, Business Development and Logistics.