WaterAid transforms lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world's poorest communities. We are looking for an exceptional Funding Manager to help us achieve our vision of a world where everyone has these basics.
WaterAid is a global federated organisation with a mission to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities. We work with partners and influence decision-makers to maximise our impact. We believe in a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation.
The federation is made up of members: UK, America, Australia, Sweden, Canada and Japan; and 27 country programme offices. 23 of these country programmes are managed by WaterAid UK four regional teams.
Over the past few years we have significantly grown restricted income from all sources (government donors, trusts, foundations and corporate) across all members and at country level, and we have plans to continue this growth.
To support this growth we are looking to improve our management and coordination of restricted funding across the federation, so that we maximise opportunities and proactively manage risk. This role is key to us achieving this.
Job Title: Head of Pan-Africa Programme - Ethiopia or Nigeria
It’s hard to believe that today over 650 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.3 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid is looking for a Head of Pan-Africa Programme to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the International Programmes team, the Head of Pan-Africa Programme will
- contribute to the global leadership of WaterAid by providing strategic direction and guidance to the Pan-Africa Programme.
- influence key stakeholders by showing them the impact safe water and improved sanitation and hygiene can have on the poorest and most excluded communities in Africa.
- ensure strategies and plans link programming practice and policy to maximise our impact, by drawing upon country and regional evidence, and by fostering strong collaboration amongst WaterAid Africa regions.
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- proven experience of working at a senior level in development in Africa, with strategic leadership and management responsibilities.
- substantial knowledge and a successful track record of influencing pan-African institutions, such as the AUC, AfDB, ACHPR and other relevant institutions that affect WASH and development in Africa.
- the ability to provide strong leadership to diverse, multi-cultural teams, alongside the ability to develop organisational strategies and translate them into plans and budgets.