The Head of Prepay Finance will be a key business partner to the Mobile Prepay Marketing Team to assist commercial decisions and drive maximum value for the prepay business.
- Manage a team: Manage one direct report and support their development.
- Decision support: To provide decision support to the Mobile Marketing team to enable better commercial decisions. Suggest alternative solutions and improvement to original proposals. Able to develop business cases from scratch and present recommendations. Excellent influencing skills required.
- Commercial analysis: Analyse information to understand business performance. Interpret the analysis to draw out key learnings for the business. Present this information to internal customers to director level
- Forecasting / Budgeting: Work with the business to develop assumptions for the forecast and communicate to FP&A who will process the forecast. Review forecast and work with the business to identify actions to improve the forecast. Communicate the key points and assumptions to the business.
- Reporting: Specifiying new reporting that needs to be developed by BI and work with BI to deliver value add reporting.
- Accounting/Month end review: Review monthly P&L performance and attend WD5 meeting to add commerical insight into the months performance. Communicate month end results to the business including ‘So What?’ and drive actions to improve business performance. Attend quarterly Opcom reviews to present P&L results and future propositions
- Representation: Ability to deputise for their line manager when away. Able to represent their manager at meetings.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the Pay & Go business including knowledge of key competitor trends and threats to mobile business.
- Trading - Work closely with sales finance team to understand Pay & Go trading and challenge inputs and assumptions where necessary
- Use experience and knowledge to proactively identify business opportunities. Evaluate these opportunities and recommend.Be comfortable to make assumptions & justify them when all the facts are not available
- Be the key finance lead for the Pontis marketing proposition. Review offer efficiency and recommend changes and improvements
- Work with marketing and BI team to analyse trends and impact on profitability. Drive actions and improvements from the profitability insight. Provide financial and commercial support on upgrade and retention offers and suggest solutions and improvements where necessary
- Work with BI & FP&A on usage trend reporting and produce key KPIs for marketing
- Ad hoc projects
The Head Of Prepay Finance will be a self starter able to deliver work with minimal guidance. Able to proactively solve problems and make decisions on day to day issues to drive resolution.
- Qualified : Qualified Accountant
- Commercial : Highly commerical & understand strategic issues. Understanding of interrelations and interdepencies. Understanding of the broader business.
- Analytical : Advanced analytical skills demonstrated in roles over 2 years minimum
- Business case building and review
- Work with Others : Stakeholder management experience. Work well in a team.
- Ability to manage of small team
- Prioirtisation : Ability to manage their own / their teams time – often with conflicting prioirities and deadlines
- Adapatable & Proactive
- Presentation: Ability to present financial and non-financial information at board level, as well as providing business reccomendations.
- System Skills : Advanced Excel, Powerpoint are essential. Microstrategy knowledge needed
- Understand Customer Behaviour : Understand how customers will react to changes in the propositions that are being evaluated
- Be comfortable to make assumptions & justify them when all the facts are not available
- Influencing skills to influence the decisions made by the business
- Industry knowledge: Knowledge of mobile telecoms industry and strategic dynamics of the industry.