The RG Leader drives the development of leading edge technologies through customer, funded and own research projects within a particular technical domain as part of a Technology Field. He/she develops both a technology and a business strategy and has overall budget responsibility for his RG. He/she is responsible for the transfer of R&D results into offers to strategically suitable Siemens units. He/she ensures knowledge and technology transfer within the RG and with other RGs.
Representation of the Research Group (technology, competencies, offerings) both to Siemens units and externally, e.g. to the scientific community. Establish and maintain respective networks.
Driving recruiting, competence management, resource management and transfer activities for Research Group, in alignment with TF Head and TF (people) strategy
Candidates with Masters degree in Software Engineering or related topics (PhD Preferred) from reputed universities with a strong orientation for research and development in topics related to Systems Engineering.
- Must have a strong background in one or more of the following topics – SCRUM methodology for S/W development, Agile S/W development, Requirements Engineering, User Experience, UID, Process Assessments, Consulting and training for one or more of the topics highlighted above.
- Must have led technical teams of 5-10 people – having built and led highly motivated teams working on R&D topics.
- Good flair for technology landscaping – knowhow of evolving technology landscape and how it will impact the businesses that Siemens operates in.
- Strong leadership skills as demonstrated by Strategic Thinking, Business Results orientation, Intercultural sensitivity, team development and effective communications/presentations
- Global exposure (degree from abroad and/or having worked abroad) is highly desirable.
- Candidate must be self-driven with strong passion and commitment for his/her goals.
- Experience in collaboration with international team
- Must have customer awareness and business understanding.
- Should support the organization's processes with respect to own technology field or business method.
10. Should be decisive on technology or methodology developments for specific areas.
11. Should support the global technology function leads in determining the regional (India) setup, technology and consulting portfolio and roadmap for ramping up local business.
What else do I need to know?
- Supports change and actively encourages team development.
- Understands specific cultural differences between regions/organizations that influence local dynamics.