Qualifications and Experience:
- Five years working experience in internal control, audit, or risk management, preferably in financial services industry/sector
- Experience with AML-CFT Compliance in regulated financial institution
- Three years’ experience in management/leadership role
- Policy development and implementation experience preferred
- Relevant professional qualifications in local market
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Credit or Finance or relevant certifications
- Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English
- High proficiency in use of computerized applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Visio.
- Leading with integrity - Reinforces our values through daily behavior and holds others accountable to ethical behavior
- Employee engagement - Maintains a fulfilling work environment and engages staff based on their strengths. Mentors others to develop their skills and provides feedback on performance regularly.
- Responsible for results - Takes responsibility for own actions and manages others to focus on key priorities.
- Recruitment and staffing - Makes quality hiring decisions; Forecasts staffing needs accurately; Follows Company hiring process
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Financial responsibility - Conserves organizational resources and works within budget guidelines.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies and qualities:
- Consulting and management techniques to initiate and manage strategic changes in risk management across the entire organization
- Knowledge and experience in modern Enterprise in Internal Controls & Risk Management practices in Financial Services industry to provide practicalguidance on strategic changes.
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the country (40% of the time)
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidance to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Results-oriented, with the ability to motivate the team to be consistent with performance
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and commitment to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work.