Ensure timely update of subsidiary internal regulations, manuals, instruction memos, etc. with all changes from FINCA International and the Africa hub;
Manage evaluation process of all subsidiary manuals annually to ensure completeness, accuracy and efficiency;
Establish a system for the effective communication of all policy changes to the appropriate personnel at all levels of the subsidiary including verification of understanding;
Ensure that all changes in policy and procedures are properly communicated to subsidiary staff and that appropriate compliance training takes place;
- Manage Performance and Control of Internal Polices
Develop and implement semiannual control work plan in collaboration with Africa Regional Internal Controls Manager;
Develop and manage evaluation and reporting process for Internal Control & Risk Officers;
Manage timely control activities for the Department based on the approved work plan and requests from subsidiary management board;
Manage timely reporting to subsidiary management and regional hub;
Establish a system for timely communication of the status and findings of control activities with subsidiary management and network/regional internal control personnel
- Five years working experience in internal control, audit, or risk management, preferably in financial services industry/sector
- Experience with AML-CFT Compliance in regulated financial institution
- Three years’ experience in management/leadership role
- Policy development and implementation experience preferred
- Relevant professional qualifications in local market
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Credit or Finance or relevant certifications
- Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English
- High proficiency in use of computerized applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Visio.
Leading with integrity - Reinforces our values through daily behavior and holds others accountable to ethical behavior
Employee engagement - Maintains a fulfilling work environment and engages staff based on their strengths. Mentors others to develop their skills and provides feedback on performance regularly.
Responsible for results - Takes responsibility for own actions and manages others to focus on key priorities.
Recruitment and staffing - Makes quality hiring decisions; Forecasts staffing needs accurately; Follows Company hiring process
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Financial responsibility - Conserves organizational resources and works within budget guidelines.