Overall Role Purpose:
The successful candidate will manage, control and develop the overall Sales strategy/activities in the country in accordance with the group business strategy and the global/regional Sales strategy to increase market share and optimize business assets and human resources. They will implement global incentive program in country, where relevant and ensure achievement of country Sales Index.
- Accounts for sales results within the country and leads sales disciplines which coordinate and control strategic activities, initiatives and subjects across the country with direct impact on overall results and high business risk potential
- Develops sales strategy in line with the country's overall business strategy as well as following vertical and horizontal guidelines and objectives
- Drives market growth and customer retention at the country level
- Steers/improves Sales performance through process and performance measurement
- Validates country level improvement areas based on pipeline reporting in collaboration with sales effectiveness.
- Analyzes the value of key technologies and industry development, and identifies change needs within the country's sales function
- Steers sales performance and refines the country's sales strategies as required.
- Reaches agreement with external parties to accept complete proposals and programs where there is little interest in cooperating or participating
- Negotiates critical agreements / contracts and has the mandate / authority to sign them, changing T&Cs significantly
- Analyzes complex issues and modifies working methods in own work area.
- Approves key personnel decisions for the function
- Generates commitment, motivation and enthusiasm for the company and division
- Leads and manages teams; determines team structure, roles and performance targets in co-operation with Country leadership
- Evaluates performance and proposes performance-based compensation for direct reports
- Proven success in a Senior Sales role with specific experience in selling to major global customers.
- Collaborative leadership style
- Strategic thinking skills
- Strong people and communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and negotiation skills.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Sales / Marketing functions with leadership responsibility.