Think innovation. Think Sky, a FTSE TOP 30 and the UK’s favourite triple play provider– TV, broadband and telephony. Now in over 10 million households we entertain, excite and inspire customers with the combination of great content and great innovation. This is the driving force behind our growth as we strive to be the UK’s no. 1 choice in entertainment and communications.
The Property and FM team at Sky provide the buildings and associated services that help our colleagues do the very best job they can. We are the team that manages buildings, the facilities to keep them operating and looking good, restaurants and oasis points, shuttle buses, security and whatever else it takes. We are the team that wants to make Sky a great place to work, constantly challenging how we can make our workplace better – to make it easier for our colleagues to focus on what they need to do.
The role has two key areas
- Develop parking policies & on-going management procedures nationally, with strong communication to our colleagues
- Developing and monitoring travel plans nationally
- Planning and introducing sustainable and environmentally-efficient travel and transport projects, aligning strategies and activities with local and central government planning and development policies. E.g. on-site car club, electric vehicle charging points, innovative cycle parking etc.
- Cycling infrastructure planning & investment to meet Team Sky and Travel plan objectives
- Developing and managing good communication tools including the Sky Transport web-site
Services to Colleagues
- 3rd party services on campuses nationally – selection, contracts, performance monitoring, on-going management and more for branded catering offers, car washing, Cycle shops, etc.
- Strategy & implementation of cash-less payment mechanism nationally across all 3rd parties
This role is a combination of strategy & implementation, balancing a commercial approach while keeping great service to our Sky colleagues.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and creative skills, across all levels
- Great customer service attitude - I get what it means to give good service to Sky people
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
- Good time management and ability to manage priorities
- Demonstrates good team work and ability to influence and lead
- Ability to deliver on projects within challenging time-frames
- Advanced IT systems knowledge such Word, Excel, powerpoint, etc.
- Awareness of health & safety and compliance requirements within PFM.