- Develop in-depth technical and management training curriculum for the training school and technical staff within the group.
- Oversee the management of Technical Apprenticeship Scheme to meet the short and longer term needs of the group.
- Process the accreditation of our technical training school with National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and other statutory agencies.
- Develop and market training courses for corporate companies or government agencies requiring their technical staff to be trained.
- Drive the technical training budget and ensure all expenditures are kept within the limit.
- Carry out in-house technical training needs, design and facilitates courses to improve efficiency in all technical units within the group.
- Evaluate training programmes and ensure transfers of knowledge and skill to the trainees during and after the training e.t.c
- Minimum of HND/BSC in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- MBA and membership of relevant professional bodies such as COREN, NITAD e.t.c will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in machine/implement & general technical training.
Technical Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Relevant experience in development and delivery of technical training programmes within integrated engineering process environment.
- Ability to respond to Request for Proposal (RFP) and tenders as well as make presentations.
- Ability to transfer information or concepts into a usable format.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to manage and drive a strategic business unit.
- Self motivation with strong business and marketing skills.
- Good personality and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good computer skill with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Microsoft Dynamic NAV and other engineering software programs
- Ability to travel across the country for training and business prospects e.t.c