The successful candidate will manage, controls and develops the overall warehouse management (Value Added Services – VAS) strategy/activities in the country in accordance with the group business strategy and the global/regional VAS strategy to
- Manages all country VAS P&Ls
- Drives BD for VAS in alignment with the Sales organization, e.g., aligns VAS customer target lists, drives sales/ BD collaboration and aligns incentives
- Integrates VAS into overall country BD efforts and solution design and supports respective customer BD efforts
- Represents and bundles all non AFR/ OFR products in country management team and is partner/ go to person for other VAS country organization (if partnering is required)
- Informs himself and seeks to replicate successful business ideas from other countries/ regions
- Develops VAS and innovation community, actively innovates and incubates new ideas e.g., niche business in a country.
- Is contact for and manages local implementation of global and regional product launches
- Is contact for VAS related Business Cases.
- Creates, develops and maintains good relationships with customers and service providers, while facilitating negotiations of best rates at country level
- Maintain and support inter-departmental relationships
- Analyzes complex issues and modifies working methods in own work area.
- Implements modification within own authority which directly influences the way the unit is operating and making money in the country.
- Develop a high performance service culture within the country that nurtures and encourages service excellence, quality and a ‘can do’ mindset.
- Generates commitment, motivation and enthusiasm for the company and division
- Leads and manages teams; determines team structure, roles and performance targets in co-operation with Country leadership
- Evaluates performance and proposes performance-based compensation for direct reports.
- Deep knowledge of forwarding business and understanding of Products/ Value Added Services
- Proven success in a senior management role, with specific experience in selling to major global customers
- Commercial ability, experience and thinking in customer centric x-product solution design
- Capability to innovate and implement new ideas
- Strategic thinking skills
- Strong people and communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and negotiation skills
Education and Experience
Minimum of Bachelors or Master’s degree in relevant discipline
Minimum of 5 years’ experience