• Documenting the strategy for all IS products, determining overall priorities and monitoring progress for the region
• Managing existing products within required risk and regulatory parameters and in terms of internal product governance standards
• Continuous review of existing product capability in terms of external client and overall market requirements as well as relevant internal drivers
• Delivery of new and/or enhanced product capability for the IS business
• Enhancing the profitability of the IS business in the region
• Defining and managing the pricing strategy and process for IS products
• Coordination and governance of the IS investment spend across markets and products and, in turn, representing IS at broader TPS forums
• Closely working with other Regional Product Management Investor Services Heads to ensure alignment across the business and optimum utilization of resources
• Develop and implement a 3-5 year strategic roadmap for the IS Product Management business in the region, which includes revenue pools, competitor’s analysis, client segments, and product development.
• In line with strategic intent, obtain investment by identifying opportunities and developing the business case, that will deliver attractive ROI for Standard Bank
• Own and sponsor significant enhancements to the IS product capabilities.
• Drive product leadership through people & innovation.
b. Business Performance and Product Agenda
• Develop and execute an annual IS operating plan that meets the group’s financial goals and takes into account the implications of business actions that includes sales, service, operations, risk and people.
• Create an agenda that drives productivity, service, efficiency and performance through the end to end product.
• Drive high growth in revenue earned from IS and refine existing MIS to the right level of granularity to the portfolio of products. This is achieved through (not limited) to new product capabilities/enhancements, marketing plans, pricing, funds transfer pricing management, commercialization and improving end-to-end processing
• Producing MIS that provides a view of revenue and profitability by client and product.
• Achieve annual financial performance.
• Responsible for enhancing the profitability of IS product i.e. driving revenue growth through enhancing product capability, new product capability, pricing, supporting Sales with product solutions; managing costs by working with Operations, IT and other enabling partners to identify and execute efficiency and cost saving initiatives.
• Establish the capacity to be fit for purpose.
• Responsible for analysing existing products, industry and regulatory changes/developments, new product/market needs and competitor coverage and capability;
• Responsible for developing new products; enhancing existing products to mitigate risk, maximize efficiency, minimize cost and meet all client, market, regulatory requirements
• Provide an intimate understanding of the competitive environment for Client IS requirements (customer needs and behaviour, competitor offerings etc) and to respond to the consequent opportunities or threats in that product or overall business. This covers local domain and outbound requirements.
• Ensure successful commercialization of existing and new IS capabilities.
• Creation and maintenance of IS product collateral.
c. Team Development
• Ensure that IS expertise is acquired and/or developed across the region, aligning these resources to the strategic priorities and business opportunities.
• Establishing, managing and leading the IS product team in the region; living the values of Standard Bank
• Capacity management
d. External Focus and building Industry credibility
• Establish a strategy that drives a customer-centric view into TPS with activities including but not limited to focus groups, customer surveys and Competitor Analysis.
• Representing Investor Services in relevant market and regulatory forums to provide Standard Bank’s position as a leading provider and advocate for the client.
• Leadership at industry forums, speaking at industry forums/events and writing of papers/articles on IS related matters that illustrate thought leadership on the subject matter
e. Stakeholder Management
• Engage and influence to ensure alignment of key stakeholders, namely: sales, credit and risk, compliance and audit, operations, TB, CB, GM, and, relevant management committees.
• Effectively leverage key stakeholders and work with them to ensure effective delivery in the region
• Representation in various mancos and other forums as required
f. Risk Management and Compliance
• Responsible for ensuring that the risk parameters of IS products are within acceptable levels and that the risk associated with the product is managed appropriately.
• Good oversight on operational risk with no adverse audit or pre-audit reports.
• Ensure that all IS products are compliant with the relevant regulations in the markets and policies of the bank
• Ensuring all IS products are in line with product governance standards of TPS in the markets
• Defining and implementing the pricing strategy of IS product, defining the pricing structures applicable, setting of pricing; pricing reviews; managing concessions and mitigating revenue leakage.
h. Client Experience
• Managing the product value proposition in-line with client requirements on an end to end basis.
• Growth in Product Revenue in accordance with budget/target
• Management of Product Costs in accordance with budget/target
• Delivery of new/enhanced product capability within budget
• Revenue leakage
• Delivery of IS product capability within required time and quality
• Responsiveness to internal and external client needs
• Client ratings on product capability
• Audit, risk and compliance reviews on products
• Acquisition and retention of Product management team
• Responsiveness to internal stakeholders