An exciting role has arisen for a highly motivated Head Sommelier at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the beverage education of all F&B service colleagues, sourcing new products and keeping up to date with offer as well as guest taste and requirements, controlling and maintaining stock levels in the main cellar and in the outlets, maximising sales, identifying opportunities, creating a beverage culture in the hotel in order to enhance revenues.
- Drive beverage revenue in the outlets and maintain beverage cost within budget.
- Control and monitor beverage orders, stock and par level.
- Create and maintain up to date wine list as per Jumeirah Zabeel Saray standards after coordination with Outlet Managers and Executive Chef on new menu design.
- Review and analyse sales to ensure stock rotation and profitability remains within targets.
- Ensure competitive beverage packages are in place for banquets.
- To provide statistics, reports and recommendations related to beverage sales.
- To maintain Micros data and raise any documents needed to achieve the same.
- Train all F&B team members on existing and new products, as well as selling techniques and any other necessary beverage training.
- To constantly review guest feedback, JD Power, Mystery Shopper results and plan and implement corrective action if needed to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Build rapport with key suppliers and always check on special offers and negotiate best price with suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts, marketing support, FOC support with suppliers along with SC&L.
- Participate in strategy meetings pertaining to the different environment in the markets.
- Track and share information regarding new business trends and generate new business opportunities.
- Benchmark and keep track of the competitors regarding special promotions and rate packages.
- Ensure that s/he and the team adhere to all hotel and company standards, business conduct and ethics, policies and procedures including health, hygiene & safety.
- Establish costing’s for beverages in the adaco system.
- Organise regular wine diners and seminars for guests.
In order to be considered for the role, you will have gained a Degree in Hotel Management and have at least 3 years experience in similar luxury, high end work environment as Beverage Manager or Head Sommelier.
It is also essential that you have detailed food and beverage knowledge within a quality luxury brand, has strong administration and management skills, has the ability to demonstrate achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
You must be well versed in financial aspects and knowledgable in Macros Point of Sale system. Fluency in second language other than English is desirable.