1) Determines long term strategic objectives of the business in conjunction with executive management and communicates effectively to all management staff and stakeholders
2) Investigates proposed business opportunities to ensure that they are in line with Group’s corporate strategy.
3) Performs regular assessments to determine profit potential of new and existing markets, considering sales and expenditure statistics
4) Organises research on emerging customer preferences/demands and advises management accordingly.
5) Coordinates the timely preparation of functional strategies and plans across all units and departments in the organisation, to ensure the achievement of corporate goals and objectives.
6) Reviews reports on activities within the department and prepares comprehensive reports for presentation to management
7) Receives and reviews quotations from project vendors for new projects, and appoint vendors for delivery of services.
8) Creates and manages contacts and relationships with key industry players and stakeholders
9) Maintains relationships with external contacts e.g. project vendors, service providers, finance houses, consultants to guarantee receipt of prompt and effective services
10) Monitors and updates the organisation’s business plans and ensures that planned activities are implemented successfully
11) Assesses the potential of new and existing locations, considering statistics and expenditures and makes recommendations to management for implementation
2) An MBA or relevant Management Master’s degree with a focus on strategy
3) Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science or Financial management degree
4) Relevant professional membership and/or certification e.g. PMP, Institute of Directors (IoD)
5) A relevant Master’s degree
Key Skills and Competencies Strategic planning and strategy execution
Financial analysis and investment evaluation
Project management and evaluation
Industry/market and product knowledge
Service level management
Business and market analysis and intelligence
Client and Stakeholder engagement
Presentation and Communication
Judgment and decision making.
Negotiation and Persuasion
People development and management