- Plan and coordinate all Project Management activities within the Etisalat Technical Team, to ensure all Technical projects are delivered within projected timelines, cost, quality and contractual obligations.
- Responsible for implementing Technical Project Governance directives including Budget Implementation, Budget Monitoring and Contract Administration.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice for end-to-end management of multi-functional technical projects within the Telecom Industry.
- Review the unit/ team's activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/ function's strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with Etisalat PMO & Operational Strategy Department to ensure alignment of all Technical PMO processes and procedures with business requirements and standards.
- Build and manage relationships with diverse set of internal and external stakeholders including Technical teams, non-technical teams and third party suppliers to enhance consistent execution success within the team.
- Build and manage reliable database of project characteristics, documenting all progresses and changes in traceable manner. Ensure diligent update and accuracy.
- Implementation and continuous review of project management automation tools within the Technical Team.
- Documentation and continuous update of all contractual requirements for Technical CAPEX projects.
- Monitoring of Actual CAPEX spends against yearly Budget on line-by-line basis, and providing periodic reports to management at agreed intervals.
- Effective, accurate and timely reporting of Projects to Senior Management. Periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Manage internal and external expectations in line with project critical success factors.
- Contract management for all Technical CAPEX Projects, to ensure all Etisalat and vendors' activities on projects are in line with Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Lead a team of Project Managers (PMs) responsible for following up and reporting on all Etisalat Technical Projects, end-to-end.
- Work with Technical Functional Heads to ensure quality milestones are identified on projects. Ensure PMs identify and embed agreed milestones in project deliverables.
- Establish and maintain framework for coordinating TPMO activities with Functional Teams and Subject matter experts in the resolution of issues on assigned projects.
- Ensure PMs co-ordinate PAT for all Network elements deployed, facilitate snags clearance where applicable and ensure proper handover to the Network Operations team; confirm RFS, PAC status based on actual project deliverables and perform project closure activities when all project objectives have been accomplished.
- Work with functional teams to identify, analyse, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks throughout project lifecycle and during conceptualization phase.
- Ensure timely communication of project status, risk, and escalations to Project Sponsor and Project Steering Committee
- Implement the function's work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate's performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Network Deployment.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Network Deployment