The Head, Technical Solutions is responsible for the identification, design and development of technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. He/She will also ensure effective analysis and presentation of Main One’s products and services to both existing and prospective customers in order to assist them in making informed decisions.
The Head, Technical Solutions will manage the Technical Product Development and Technical Sales teams in supporting Sales for increased revenue and profitability through the delivery of innovative solutions to Main One customers.
Specifically, responsibilities include to:
Proactively investigate technical solutions needed to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Main One.
Continuously interact with all necessary solution stakeholders especially C-level customer contacts to obtain their input and adapt solutions, as necessary, ensuring appropriate support from them.
Drive the translation of customer needs and technical requirements to appropriate solutions by liaising with customers to understand, anticipate and meet their specific needs.
Manage the relationship between the technical team, sales and sales support, to align company resources and third party solutions with customers’ business requirements.
Work with Sales to meet assigned targets for revenue growth and profitability in Main One product lines, market areas, channels and teams.
Provide coaching and professional development to team members in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen and technical sales skills.
Obtain relevant marketing intelligence for products and solutions in an ethical manner and in order to improve and enhance user experience.
Develop in-depth knowledge of leading edge broadband products and services and of the technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses.
Support Product Marketing in analyzing the product portfolio and market intelligence to determine enhancement and new product opportunities and formulate customer stickiness and retention strategies.
Represent Main One products and services to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
Coordinate responses to bids from the functional and technical perspective ensuring responses to RFIs/RFPs are of high quality.
Coordinate the activities of the Technical Solutions team and address technical enquiries on the Company’s products and services to existing and potential customers ensuring total customer satisfaction.
Ensure continued innovation in the company’s product and service portfolio to grow the business and maintain the company’s leadership position in the market.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) will be an advantage.
- Twelve to fifteen years’ experience in the ICT industry
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in technical sales and support or other customer facing positions with at least five (5) years at senior management level
- Previous responsibility in managing sales target or P & L responsibility
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; innovative and big-picture vision, as well as the drive to make that vision a reality
- Passion to understand the market and business needs and create innovative solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business including sales and technical teams.
- Well-informed of the telecoms and ICT market competitive structure, industry practices and regulation.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to translate technical concepts to solutions for field sales teams, technical and non-technical customers, and C-level client contacts.
- Business communication, leadership and project management skills.
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills
- Process driven, with strong analytical and planning skills.