Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company (NMRC) is a newly established institution by the Federal Government of Nigeria, Development Finance Institutions and the private sector with the primary responsibility of addressing the long-term funding constraints hindering the growth of the primary mortgage market; reducing the funding cost of residential mortgages and ensuring the availability of housing to the average Nigerian.
The company is a specialised wholesale non-deposit taking financial institution that will be regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria under the Bank and other Financial Institutions Act (1991). This initiative is expected to deliver 100,000 homes per annum, and generate and sustain at least 300,000 direct jobs and 488,000 indirect jobs after the project period.
To achieve this transformational initiative, the NMRC seeks to engage self-driven, visionary and result-oriented professionals with cognate experience and a proven track record of success to fill the middle management level position:
- Responsible for asset and liability, interest rate risk and liquidity risk management as well as all aspects of the company's treasury functions including planning, directing, managing and controlling its activities. In addition, working with financial advisers, the person will be responsible for the implementation of debt issuances, related hedging strategies, pricing, designing and implementing all policies and procedures with respect to funding the operations of the organisation.
- A university degree in any Finance related discipline from a reputable university plus a post graduate degree (MBA, M.Sc, MA etc.).
- Relevant professional certification (ICAN, ACA, ACCA, CFA, etc.) will be an added advantage
- 8-10 years' relevant experience in finance, 5 of which should be at middle management level.
- In addition, experience in coordinating debt issuances and related disclosure processes, preparing net cash outflow analysis.
- Knowledge of pass-through securities, credit products, debt structuring, formulating issuance and hedging strategies will be a tremendous advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. MS Word, Excel, etc. at advanced level will be required.