* Responsible for developing and implementing risk management strategies aimed at continuous re-balancing of price and costs to maintain profitability of health care plans
* Good understanding of the connection between the benefits of health plans and costs
* Ability to project costs to mitigate undue pressure on company's claims commitment
* Review individual applications for insurance to evaluate degree of risk involved and determine acceptance of applications
* Generate reports for technical review
* Treat all correspondence from agents
* Prepare policy endorsement & receipt remittance sheets
* Monitor client payment on policies
* Issue certificates of various insurance classes.
* Minimum 10 Years post NYSC work experience and minimum 5 years experience in underwriting in an HMO.
* Professional Membership in Insurance ( CIIN)
Knowledge & Skills:
* Attention Details
* Report Writing
* Analytical Skills
* Good Communication Skills.