Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Health and safety officers use their knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
They are responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to
• carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced;
• outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
• carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
• making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
• preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy;
• leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
• keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
• recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers;
Minimum of OND in any related field of study. Working experience will be an added advantage.