The Health and Safety Advisor will be responsible for developing, maintaining and protecting health and safety standards within the company (petroleum marine and logistics company) in accordance with current health and safety legislation.
• writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
• drawing-up safe operational procedures
• undertaking risk assessments
• identifying potential hazards
• determining ways of reducing risks
• planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
• keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
• ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
• writing reports, bulletins and newsletters
• providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers
• investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
• compiling statistics
• making recommendations following accidents/incidents
• liaising with relevant authorities
• organising/attending health and safety meetings
• safely handling hazardous substances
• making regular site inspections
• keeping up to date with developments within the profession
• making presentations to groups of employees/managers.
• A degree in Sciences or any related discipline with not below second class lower grade. A Masters Degree in Health and safety or professional certification mandatory
• Minimum of 7 HSE experience in the petroleum industry.
• 3-5 Experience in a similar position