Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health on site.
- Undertaking risk assessments and site inspections.
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely.
- Identifying potential hazards.
- Determining ways of reducing risks.
- Ensuring compliance with the health and safety policies stipulated by the company.
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies.
- Drawing-up safe operational practices and making necessary changes.
- Writing reports, bulletins and newsletters on health and safety.
- Providing health and safety meetings and training courses for employees.
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation.
- Bachelor's or HND in Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Civil or any related discipline from a reputable and accredited higher institution of leaning.
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC experience as an HSE Officer in a construction environment.
- Minimum Level 3 Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Certificate.
- Must be willing to relocate.