Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Health and safety officers use their knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace.
They are responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
Health and safety officers are based in a wide range of organisations, from multinationals to small consultancies, and help to plan, implement, monitor and review protective and preventative safety measures.
They work in partnership with employers, employees, directors and trade unions to minimise:
- operational losses;
- occupational health problems;
- All site has been inspected and has become a hazard-free environment
- Verify that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for using
- Promote safe practices at the job site
- Enforce safety guidelines
- Train and carry out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations
- Conduct investigation of near-miss and/or accidents.
- Report to concerned authorities as requested or mandated per law
- Conduct job hazard analysis
- Establish, as necessary, safety standards and policies
- Perform emergency response drills
- Watch and be responsible for all workers safety and prevent them from entering into hazardous situations.
- Respond to employees’ safety concerns
- Coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Serve as the link between state and local agencies and contractor
- Receive reports from and respond to orders issued by Department of Labor inspectors
- To arrange for Occupational Health and Safety testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants as may be necessary.