Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
The Safety Supervisor is responsible for implementation safety policies and procedures for compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
. The specific duties and responsibilities of the Safety Supervisor include, but are not limited to the following:
• Administer new hire and contractor training including refresher training.
• Implementation of OSHA task specific competency training.
• Develop, update, and audit safety policies and procedures
• Ensure continued compliance with OSHA policies, procedures, rules and
• Coordinate and support the Safety Committee and site safety audits.
• Identify potential safety issues, and recommend corrective actions as appropriate with follow up verification.
• Participate in audits and OSHA inspections.
• Ensure safety records are maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Perform frequent safety compliance inspections of contractor work locations
• Verify OSHA compliance for and contractor equipment. Maintain records of
• Ensure incidents are investigated, reports are completed, and corrective actions are tracked.
• Provide safety support including, but not limited to: construction safety, shutdown safety, project safety, pre-job safety reviews, safety meetings, and tailgates.
• Perform substance abuse tests and investigations in adherence with the company’s substance abuse policies and procedures.
• The Safety Supervisor has authority to develop, implement, and execute the duties and responsibilities described above.
• Assists with any task required by management with approval from direct supervisor.
• Ability to resolve conflicting workloads.
• Ability to learn continuously about new technologies and policies/procedures in order to maintain total regulatory safety compliance.
• In depth OSHA certified knowledge of safety and ability to direct all personnel on company property in the proper safety procedures.
• Computer skills with the ability to utilize email.
• Competency with Microsoft Office and related programs.
Minimum of OND. HND, BSc and above in a related field with working experience will be added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates should forward their CVs to HR through this email: firstname.lastname@example.org