Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
provide advice, information and instruction on local OHS issues
assist in the application of OHS procedures
help manage risks and hazards in their area
report and investigate incidents, injuries and hazards and implement agreed control measures
liaise with the head of the unit or controlled entity, OHS Unit and other safety personnel
review and analyse injury and incident reports and data
develop injury and incident prevention strategies for their area
monitor local area compliance with OHS policy and procedures
audit local area OHS compliance with regard to risk, emergency and hazardous waste management
help promote OHS awareness
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of occupational safety.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing safety procedures and policies.
- Skill in interpreting and applying federal, state and local safety laws and regulations.
- Skill in developing safety policies.
- Skill in investigating and analyzing accidents and their causes.