Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Health Specialist, the incumbent will help with planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of scaling-up cost-effective Health intervention packages.
- He/She will also participate in data-driven situational analyses, including epidemiological and emergency assessments; provide specific technical expertise on Health policies and other issues; provide in-country technical and operational support; and help monitor, evaluate and report on related Health programs.
Key Expected Results
- Timely, regular data-driven analysis for planning and results-based management for scaling-up specific Health interventions.
- Technical expertise on specific Health interventions.
- Technical and operational support provided to key government and non-government partners on scaling-up interventions (downstream activities).
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on specific Health interventions carried out through various field visits, in a timely manner, efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Government and non-government recipients accountable for UNICEF specific supply, non-supply and financial assistance.
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Health, Public Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy And Management, Environmental Health, Family Health, Health Research, Biostatistics, Socio-Medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion And Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions In Health Care, Demography, Social Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, or a field relevant to International Public Health Development Assistance
- Two years of relevant professional work experience related to developmental assistance in health.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization, and field work experience an asset.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of the local language of the duty station, an asset.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing