- This role reports to the regional team lead in the regional office.
- He/She is responsible for ensuring all officers comply with HSE rules and regulations within the assigned area office.
Key Role / Responsibilities
Legislation and Compliance Monitoring:
- Monitor safety legal requirements and produce appropriate standards, guidance and advice on compliance
- Conduct regular safety inspections in all work places to identify potential hazards, produce corrective action reports and facilitate implementation of corrective measures to prevent accidents.
- Carryout independent audits of safety performance and practice, to ensure compliance to safety procedures and advising the company on future strategy to deliver improved performance
Safety Performance Monitoring:
- Monitor the company’s performance against safety objectives and performance indicators, to facilitate analysis and recommend preventive measures
Training and Awareness:
- Conduct safety induction training for AEDC Staff and contractor staff to ensure safety responsibilities and roles are well understood.
- Facilitate investigation of all company incidents to establish root causes of the incidents so as to make appropriate recommendations and prevent recurrence
Interface with Regulators:
- Maintain positive relations with enforcing authorities and external organizations, i.e. NERC, NEMSA, Ministry of Labour Inspector of Factories, Public Health Officers, etc.
Minimum Qualification Required:
- A First Degree in Earth Sciences, Engineering preferably Electrical or / and natural Sciences
Additional Qualification Required:
- A professional qualification in Risk Management / Loss Prevention and Health Safety & Environment Management will be an added advantage.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 3 - 5 Years hands-on industry experience in a similar industry / Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience/Knowledge of the job - depth of understanding covering:
- Impact of managing safety on the Company’s business objectives / bottom-line
- Elements of a Safety Management System and awareness of the relevant ISO standards (OSHAS18001)
- Auditing systems (process description)
- Incident Investigation and Analysis (process description / exercise)
- Performance Reporting & Analysis (hands on exercise)
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Good team player.