- Conducts biological, chemical or fire safety compliance inspections, keeps appropriate records, and writes reports of findings.
- Works with research labs personnel and safety staff to document program problems and assists with corrective actions.
- Reviews applications for use of hazardous materials or performance of potentially dangerous research procedures, provides information to safety committees, and maintains records of committee actions.
- Collects and properly stores hazardous wastes from buildings and research facilities.
- Keeps inventories of hazardous chemicals, maintains storages facilities and ensures timely disposal of material.
- Maintains a chemical inventory program and provides researchers with information regarding hazards, proper handling, and exposure prevention.
- Prepares materials and may participate in presenting safety and research compliance educational programs. Maintains attendance records and updates/tracks training status in the program database.
- Reviews applications for use of biological, chemical, or other hazardous agents and assembles materials for regulatory committees.
- Monitors the care of laboratory animals to ensure that safety and hygiene standards are followed.
- Proactively coordinate with local operations management and field personnel in all asset areas to promote an open, honest, continuously improving safety culture.
- Develop and manage safety work processes and systems including policies and procedures, safety meetings, incident reporting and investigations, safety training, and emergency response.
- Identify and report safety hazards, observe all safety requirements and actively strive to provide a safe work environment for employees, contractors and visitors. .
- Advise and consult with operation personnel, management and contractors on health and safety issues, concerns and hazards.
A BSC in HSE or related discipline. This position also requires an eight years experience in HSE in a 1st class manufacturin/production company. A Professional qualification/certification in HSE.