Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
1. Review and develop all aspects of the College’s Health and Safety Policy and activity, and ensure that it is implemented consistently across the College.
2. Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the College has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance.
3. Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular audits.
4. Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place to enable Faculty and Resource areas, including outreach centres, to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
5. Maintain a central record of all risk assessments and monitor recording within Directorate and Resource areas. Approve risk assessments for student trips, visits, work experience and workplace assessments.
6. Discuss areas for improvement with relevant staff and/or external bodies and agree appropriate corrective action.
7. Assist with fire risk assessments according to an agreed schedule and in line with legal requirements.
8. Liaise with Occupational Health Service staff on health surveillance where a risk assessment has identified a need, including carrying out stress risk assessments when required. Maintain appropriate records.