The incumbent is accountable for professional leadership and innovation in the development, planning, implementation, delivery, monitoring, evaluation and oversight management of the Immunization programme (SIAs and Polio Eradication) in conjunction with Maternal, New-born and Child Health components within the country programme, to achieve the UNICEF's Accelerated Disease Control goals within the Immunization objectives for the country (Polio Eradication, Measles control, MNTE, CSM and Yellow Fever).
S/he is also responsible for ensuring the UNICEF Immunization programme promotes gender equality, with an emphasis on gender disaggregation, gender disparity identification and gender mainstreaming.
Key Expected Results
1. Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management.
2. Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Immunization strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership.
3. Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong leadership.
4. Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
5. Technical support is provided to government and partners at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
6. The capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization programme.
7. UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for the sector.
8. Effective partnership and collaboration achieved and maintained for advocacy, technical cooperation, programme coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
9. The most relevant and strategic information is provided to support the Immunization Programme by the effective implementation of integrated child survival monitoring system.
10. All required programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
11. Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided.
12. Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively performed.