Purpose of the Post
- The successful candidate will be accountable for professional leadership in and contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and administration of the Immunization programme in conjunction with Child Survival and Development, Maternal and Child Health, Health and Nutrition components within the country programme, to achieve the UNICEF's immunization plus goals and objectives for the country.
- The incumbent will be working specifically within the Polio Eradication initiative to ensure UNICEF's accountabilities are met.
- Accountable for ensuring the UNICEF Immunization programme promotes gender equality, with an emphasis on gender disaggregation, gender disparity identification and gender mainstreaming.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze, evaluate and provide technical input into the preparation of Situation Analysis relative to Immunization (EPI).
- Contribute to and collaborate with relevant partners in the identification of new approaches for improving and integrating of the immunization programmes.
- Provide leadership for and participate in the development of result based sectoral work plan consistent with defined project strategies and approaches.
- Plan and organize staff training/development programme to upgrade Country Office staff capacity in the development implementation and management of Immunization programme.
- Collaborate in forming emergency preparedness plan relating to the areas of responsibility.
- Participate in the preparation of all programme reports for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis and annual reports.
- Coordinate relevant staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities to ensure UNICEF and Government partner accountability.