Vacancy number: VN-NGR-06-2016
Level: National Professional (NO-C)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Purpose of the Post
- The incumbent of this post under the supervision of respected Chief of Field Offices and technical guidance of Chief of Health responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of program progress in the Health (Maternal, Newborn and Child Health) program/s within the country program.
- The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and organizational Strategic Plans and goals, standards of performance and accountability framework.
Qualifications and Competencies required
- An Advanced University Degree in Public Health/Nutrition, Pediatric Health, Family Health, Health Research, Global/International Health, Health Policy and/or Management, Environmental Health Sciences, Biostatistics, Socio-Medical, Health Education, Epidemiology, Health Economics or other health related science is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, neonatal and child health care, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness and health systems strengthening at the national or international level preferably in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station.
- Gender and diversity awareness
- Leadership in identifying, encouraging and mentoring capable women.
- Knowledge of the global commitment on aid effectiveness, including the Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness, the Accra
- Agenda for Action as well as knowledge of the Global Programme Partnerships (GPPs).
- Ability to work independently.