Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
High school teachers work for schools that enroll students from grades 9-12. They typically instruct students on a single subject, such as English, math, science, history, language or art. To do so, they must plan curricula, which may cover basic topics in algebra to advanced information on psychology.
High school teachers can be influential in students' lives, since students will apply what they learn to their future endeavors.
High school teachers put together informative and engaging lesson plans for their subjects. Teachers use a variety of visual aids, textbooks and creative projects to gain student involvement. As technology becomes an increasingly large part of education, high school teachers may be required to have and teach computer skills. Other duties may include:
- Making administrative and budget decisions
- Chaperoning classes and trips
- Prioritizing teaching methods
- Completing parent and student counseling
- Enforcing rules and disciplinary action
- Lecturing and discussing concepts
- Preparing material for presentations
- Grading tests and conducting progress reports
- Recordkeeping student activities in accordance with laws and school policies
Interested applicants should have a minimum of HND,BSc and any other qualification will be an added advantage.