- Acquisition and managing of HVSB customer relationships through pro-active and consultative approach and detailed understanding of existing customers’ businesses to enhance liabilities and revenues. The holder is to be the link between strategic and tactical / operational roles in the business.
- Acquisition of profitable new customers for HVSB banking business through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships that includes effective consultative selling and creative restructuring of financial solutions (within segmentation boundaries).
- Achieve budgeted growth in HVSB Banking within agreed and approved business risk parameters.
- Deepen and secure existing and new business relationships through the analysis of needs and provision of products and services.
- Creatively tailor products to meet individual and customer needs.
- Analyses and reviews quality of potentials and existing business to ensure maximum profitability.
- Manages credit quality standards through effective management of risk according to the PDDs, Departmental Operating Instructions (DOI) and other SCB/SME policies.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and attempted customer interactions.
- Conduct customer meetings that have defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
- Work in close partnership with Business Analysts and Credit Managers to ensure that credit applications for new and existing facilities are correctly prepared in accordance with DOI’s and PDD’s.
- After considering of individual case merits, recommend credits for approval by relevant authorities.
- Liaise and provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the provision of products and services to customers.
- Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
Directly work with customers to secure new business relationships through the analyses of needs and provision of SME products and services.
• Analyses and reviews quality of potential business to ensure maximum profitability.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and attempted customer interactions.
• Liaise and provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the provision of products and services to customers.
• Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
• Responsible for delivering a service to customers that matches the Bank’s brand promise of being ‘The Right Partner’.
- Sound relationship and leadership skills; firm grasp of SME Banking and Trade/FX products, policies and procedures is critical for relationship management roles
- Sound relationship skills, credit, sales and management skills.
- Strong in analytics and numerate.
- Minimum qualification – Tertiary qualification – not lower than 2nd class . Relevant professional qualifications are added advantage.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required. Diversity & Inclusion Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.