- The prevention coordinator will ensure implementation HIV prevention programs in AHF supported health facilities, ensure adherence to SOPs, national guidelines and protocols.
- He/she would facilitate the expansion and coverage of prevention program in line with approved program objectives.
- Strengthen collaboration & partnership with CBO/ CSOs and other NGOs to enhance synergy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at Biomedical Prevention of HIV (including Testing and Counseling).
- Coordinates the provision of community HCT outreaches according to acceptable protocols and in line with the national guidelines.
- Scale up and strengthen the provision of HCT through provider initiated testing and counseling approaches (PITC).
- Contributes to the design and implementation of approaches in other prevention strategies-including but not limited to Blood and Injection safety, Post exposure prophylaxis, HIV Testing and Counseling, and PHDP.
- Ensures effective and strategic leadership for HCWs at heath facilities and partners within the continuum of care.
- Support the design and implementation of prevention programs for MARP5 and other key populations (i.e. as female sex workers, Adolescent and young persons as well as PWID).
- Contribute to the capacity building of HCWs and staff of CBO partners with respect to HIV prevention programs.
- Provides technical assistance to health facilities, CBOs sub-partners on strategic program implementation.
- Support and strengthen collaboration among CBO partners involved in HIV programs and promotes use of national and internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV biomedical interventions/services among AHF sponsored or supported programs in Nigeria.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety, USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensure effective data entry, manage and supervise the process of appropriate data collection at the facility and community using appropriate data tools for all HIV prevention programs.
- Assist to ensure coordinated inventory management, performs a monthly stock count; and reports appropriately.
- Represents AHF in strategic and technical partnerships-at the National, State and Local Government levels.
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned as needed.
Key Result Areas:
- HIV prevention program indicators.
Education and Experience
- A Degree in Public Health, Nursing or Health related discipline.
- At least 2-3 years post NYSC experience in HIV testing and counseling, sexually transmitted disease prevention or treatment programs, including program planning, prevention program management.
- Experience with managing CBO partners a plus.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized, committed and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Computer proficiency an added advantage.