- Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at Biomedical Prevention of HIV (including Testing and Counseling).
- Contributes to the design and implementation of approaches in other prevention strategies-including but not limited to Blood and Injection safety, Pre and Post exposure prophylaxis, HIV Testing and Counseling, and PHDP.
- Ensures effective and strategic leadership to HCWs at heath facilities and partners within the continuum of care.
- Support the design and implementation of prevention programs for key populations (i.e. as female sex workers,Adolescent and young persons as well as PWID).
- Contribute to the capacity building of HCWs and staff of CBO partners with respect to HIV Biomedical prevention programs.
- Provide technical assistance to health facilities, CBOs sub-partners on strategic program implementation.
- Supports collaboration among partners involvement in HIV programs and promotes use of internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV biomedical interventions!services among AHF sponsored or supported programs in Nigeria.
- Supports the process of developing/reviewing and adapting HIV Testing and Counseling. Blood and Injection safety, USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensure effective data entry, manage and supervise the process of appropriate data collection at the facility and community using appropriate data tools,
- Assist to ensure coordinated inventory management, performs a monthly stock count; and reports appropriately.
- Represents AHF in strategic and technical partnerships-at the National, State and Local Government levels,
- Perform other duties as maybe assigned as needed,
Key Result Areas:
- HIV prevention program indicators.
- A degree in Public Health, Nursing or Health related discipline.
- At least one year post NYSC experience in HIV testing and counseling, sexually transmitted disease prevention or treatment
- programs, including program planning, prevention program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized, committed and capable of effective multi-tasking.
- Computer proficiency an added advantage.