Ref. No.: HOERB/WST
- Hoerbiger has the following vacancy for a suitably qualified and experienced Service Technician to join its team in Port Harcourt.
- The Workshop Technician is required to support the Service activities of compressor and valve reconditioning, both on-site and in-house.
- The candidate will demonstrate robust ethical behaviors and awareness of anti-corruption laws, practices and establish HOERBIGER as a market leader in Compressor, Engine and Wellhead Services in Nigeria.
- Execute valve service or maintenance of Reciprocating Compressors;
- Complete daily service and/or workshop logs as required by supervisor;
- Perform preventive maintenance on workshop service machinery;
- Ensure proper handling and usage of instruments and hand tools (Vernier caliper, micrometer, torque wrenches, hydraulic jacks);
- Handling of Compressor/ Rotary machines, dismantling, inspection/ taking dimensions of parts, prepare parts list, preparing the spares/ unit for assembly, hydro wash, sandblasting, reconditioning of components, hydro test, assembling with spares, trial run, preparation for dispatch etc. through good engineering practices and quality procedures as per requirements;
- Working on-site, troubleshooting, maintenance, overhauling of compressors/ rotary machines, trial runs etc.
- The ideal candidate must have a degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or possess a sound industrial / technical knowledge gained from relevant experience
- Years of experience: 3 years - 5 years
- Must be computer literate: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
- Prior experience in Valve reconditioning and compressor service preferred
- Experience in Rotating Equipment, Compressors and Gas Engines preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Strong integrity standards, Organizational skills, able to manage Diversity
- Customer Focus and result oriented
- Learning/Change Agility, Self-motivated
- Able to deliver under pressure and with conflicting conditions