- The Hospital concierge is responsible for making the hospital stay comfortable and convenient for the patients.
- A hospital concierge organizes services to help patients, visitors and employees with daily needs that may otherwise be difficult to meet in a hospital setting.
- Communicate with the Administrative Manager and Chief Medical Officer the census of special constituent patients and, expected length of stay, discharge dates and special needs of patients and families.
- Communicate and consult with the Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse of the patient unit in which the special constituent patient is to be admitted to verify services to be provided. Consult with the Care Nurse of any patient requesting special food assistance to ensure the patient may be granted their request
- Ensure that patient and family are aware of the additional services provided
- Work with Environmental Services to ensure maintenance of the SCPP amenities, including room set-up, refrigerator, fax, toiletries, linens, bedspreads/blankets.
- Assure that patients receive newspapers as requested daily by 9:00 AM, including international journals as available in local outlets.
- Work with Food Services and routinely verify with patient and family the quality of delivery of foods services, proper menu, and snack items.
- Coordinate any special order goods as needs to meet needs of the patients
- Contact patient and family twice daily to ensure that the patient is receiving services as requested, to ascertain any additional needs and to assure delivery of service.
- Maintain special equipment as needed, including wheelchair, cart, furniture, and other equipment necessary to meet the needs of patients.
- Provide transportation for identified special constituent patients and families to and from the airport, to and from appointments surrounding hospital admission, hotel, and outlying clinics.
- Minimum of Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- The individual must be courteous, responsive, and respective.