- The hotel manager provides overall leadership, guidance, and direction to the hotel management team as it strives to provide the highest quality in standards and services.
- In addition, this individual acts as the main liaison between the client and hotel staff.
- The hotel manager also ensures that hotel and client financial obligations are met.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential to success in this role.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management, and support staff. Ability to respond effectively to changing demands.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of four year's experience in hotel or hospitality industry required. Premise and liability accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in institutions' management, hospitality services, foods and nutrition, business administration or other related field.
- Communication, Fiscal Management, Management, Planning.